7.22.2012

My Top 3 Drugstore Brand Mascaras!

Everyone wants long, thick and beautiful lashes but sometimes the prices of high end brands are ridicules! Here I've picked my top 3 favorite drugstore brand mascaras that will work just as well as the high end brands.

Great Lash by Maybelline


Pros:

  • This mascara is CLASSIC. If you already have thick lashes this mascara will give you the length you need and it stays put all day. 
  • Its only about $7.00 and it works wonders in giving your eyelashes extra length. 
  • You only need to apply 2 coats of it
Cons:
  • It gives length, but you may need to mix it with another mascara for volume as well
  • It makes the lashes a little bit hard and if you don't use the right makeup remover it can damage the lashes. 
Over all I definitely give this mascara a 4.5 out of 5.

Lash Blast by Covergirl

Pros
  • This mascara is great for thickening as well as lengthening, it makes the lashes look full and completes a smokey eye look wonderfully. 
  • Its only about $6.00 at Target and comes with a lot of product. 
  • You only need 1 coat of mascara 
Cons
  • It smells a little funky 
  • It tends to dry out a little bit fast
Over all I give this mascara a 4.8 out of 5.

Illegal Length Fiber Extension Mascara by Maybelline 

Pros
  • Gives GREAT length to the lashes 
  • Looks lightly feathered when applied 
  • Nice thin wand is easy to control
Cons 
  • A bit watery when applied and smudges easily before its dried
  • Tends to crumble a little bit onto the face
Over all I would give this product a 4 out of 5.

Thank you guys so much for reading ! I hope this helped you with picking a mascara thats right for you!  Please post comments and tell your friends and family to come check out my blog ! :) Thanks again!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this really good post. I have thin, short lashes and I use great lash. You are right about the volume. I never thought of using another mascara in addition to Great Lash, but now that you mentioned it, I will try it. I'll let you know how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recommendations....cant wait for more info

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog...you are so talented and enjoy all of your own personal looks....looking forward to you sharing all your ideas and knowledge with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just reviewed the Falsies by Maybelline. I usually use high end brands for mascaras but Im obsessed with Falsies!

    just discovered your blog, let me know if you want to follow each other

    www.double-pizzazz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita

    Thank you for your tips on Mascaras. I always have a problem picking the right one. I will continue to read your great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your review on Mascaras. I always have a problem picking the right one. I will continue to follow your great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Keep those comments coming -- Samantha Rae