Dry Skin Tips:
- Try applying a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. When you apply your foundation on top, you'll notice a more dewy finish to your face without dry flaking.
- When choosing a foundation, choose one with a satin finish, NOT a matte finish. Satin finish foundations with also give you more moisture and give more of a glow to the face. (Try the Revlon Photo Ready foundation)
- This next tip is a bit out of the ordinary: before you go to bed at night, after taking off all of your makeup and washing your face, apply castor oil all over the face until its almost blended in. It will not clog your pores, but it will give you moisture. When you wake up, its almost gone!
- Avoid alcohol based facial washes or scrubs. Try using a lathering facial wash that looks like a cream.
Oily Skin Tips:
- Use a gentle cleanser on the face. While trying to eliminate the greasy finish of the skin, you don't want to strip the skin of the good oils as well.
- When choosing a foundation, find one with more of a matte finish, not a satin finish. Matte finish foundations will make the skin look smoother, and they won't add any shine! (Try the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse or the Revlon Color Stay)
- If you notice that your skin still looks oily after foundation, try using a loose powder applied to the forehead, nose chin and cheeks. It will help to soak up the oils.
- You can also try using the Bare Minerals Getting Started kit. It comes with a translucent powder, 2 foundation powders and a warm bronzing powder. Because all of these products are powder, they will eliminate any shine, and soak up the oils. This product works WONDERS and gives you a beautiful flawless face when you're finished.
I hope these tips and tricks were helpful! Thank you so much for reading! Please give me feedback on your thoughts about this post, and any suggestions you may have for future blog posts!